Wayne Blanding, Ph.D.
- B.S., Systems Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy, 1982
- Ocean Engineer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Joint Program, 1990
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2007
- Signals and Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Analog and Digital Communications
- Signal Processing
- Detection and Estimation Theory
- Target Tracking using Radar and Sonar Systems
- Best paper award, Office of Naval Research/University Laboratory Initiative Program Conference (June 2004)
- Andrew I. McKee Award for excellence in the understanding and application of submarine systems design and operation, Naval Submarine School (1983)
- Colt’s award for excellence in Systems Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy (1982)
- Blanding, Willett, Bar-Shalom, Coraluppi, “Multisensor Track Management for Targets with Fluctuating SNR,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 45-4, 1275- 1292, October 2009.
- Blanding, Koch, Nickel, “Adaptive Phased-Array Tracking in ECM Using Negative Information,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 45-1, 152-166, January 2009.
- Blanding, Willett, Bar-Shalom, “MLPDA: Advances and a New Multitarget Approach,” EURASIP Journal on Advanced in Signal Processing, Vol. 2008, Article ID 260186, 13 pages, 2008.
- Blanding, Willett, Bar-Shalom, Lynch, “Directed Subspace Search ML-PDA with Application to active Sonar Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 44-1, 201-216, January 2008.
- Blanding, Willett, Bar-Shalom, “Offline and Real-Time Methods for ML-PDA Track Validation,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55 Part II, 1994-2006, May 2007.