Cherie Adkins, Ph.D., R.N.
- BS (Bible), Lancaster Bible College, 1989
- BSN, Millersville University, 1996
- MS in Nursing, Community Health Concentration
Pennsylvania State University, 2004
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
- Registered Nurse
- NURS 450/451 Nursing Practicum
- NURS 508 Application of Nursing Research
- NURS 700 Applied Statistics
- Adult education
- Transformative learning theory
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Preterm mothers
- Intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Evaluating theory from a Christian perspective: Transformative learning theory. Journal of Christian Nursing, 2015.
- Salavitabar, A., Haidet K., Adkins, C., Susman E., Palmer C., & Storm H., (2010). Preterm infants’ sympathetic arousal and associated behavioral responses to sound stimuli in the neonatal intensive care unit. Advances in Neonatal Care.
- Steis. M., Penrod, J., Adkins, C. & Hupcey, J. (2009). Principle-based concept analysis: Recognition in the context of nurse-patient interactions. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- Nurse recognition of transformative learning: Its utility in clinical settings. Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Leadership by design. Symposium, Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Recasting assessment to transform learning: An integrated approach. Symposium, Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Transformative learning: Never the same again. Community Services Group, Mountville, PA, 2012.
- Evidence-based practice in nursing. Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Nurses’ Network State Conference, Lancaster, PA, 2011.
- Eta Beta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, past president-elect
- South Central PA Evidence-Based Practice Consortium, executive council member
- PA Developmental Disabilities Nurses Network, past vice president
- Reviewer: Global Qualitative Nursing Research
- Nursing/healthcare consultant, Valley Springs Healthcare (dialysis center), Nakuru, Kenya
- Medical-surgical, maternal-child, home-health care, intellectual/developmental disabilities, insurance industry, nursing education