- New, incoming students may not be able to create an account until the semester begins.
- This is a voluntary service, powered by Blackboard Connect.
- You may opt in or out at any time.
- Opt-in - Text "subscribe ycp" to 23177
- Opt-out - Text "stop ycp" to 23177
- No advertisements or non-emergency alerts will be sent to you.
- You will only recieve notificiations that you have subscribed to.
- In addition to a test, once per semester, to ensure all is working properly.
- You only have to sign up once. Then, you can edit your contact information and methods whenever you like.
- You are responsible for any text message and/or roaming charges from your wireless service provider.
- Your account remains active while you are continuously enrolled in classes. One semester after your graduation (or if you take longer than one semester break from clasess), your account will be deleted.
- If you graduate in May or August, your account will be deleted on February 1 of the following year.
- If you graduate in December, your account will be deleted on June 1 of the following year.
There is no charge to the user for this service other than the cellular roaming or text message costs associated with delivering emergency messages to telephones. The Messaging Services facilitate the dissemination of messages via varying communication media.
The user's primary recourse in the event of any actual or potential threat to person or property should be to contact First Responders such as, for example, purposes only, 911, fire, police, emergency medical, and public health. The Messaging Services are intended to augment First Responder services that have already been notified and deployed and are not designed for use in high risk activities or in any other situation where failure of the Messaging Services could lead to death, personal injury, or damage to property, or where other substantial damage could result if an error occurred.
York College will use other forms of emergency notification to augment the Blackboard Connect system.