Preparing for Fall 2021
As we prepare for the Fall 2021 semester, York College intends to more fully implement in-person instruction and campus life in the months ahead. We will continue to carefully monitor both COVID-19's impact in our community, and prevailing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
While we will not require students to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting classes, vaccinations are strongly encouraged. Please note:
- Students will be required to present a negative COVID test within three days before returning to campus OR provide documented proof of vaccination.
- Masks will be required for all members of the YCP community in indoor spaces (including classrooms).
- The College will continue random surveillance testing of non-vaccinated students, administered by the Health Center.
- Vaccinations may be required to participate in some activities and programs, such as study abroad, clinicals, and athletics. Activities and programs requiring vaccination will be determined at a later date.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation by Facility Services will continue.
- Staff in the Health Center, Office of Residence Life, Counseling Services, and Department of Campus Safety will continue offering care and support to students in response to situations involving COVID-19
Please see the Health and Safety section of this webpage for more information about face masks and social distancing on campus.
This webpage, along with the sections linked below, will continue to be updated as more information becomes available. The information on these pages should be considered highlights of the College's pandemic response plan. More details and specific requirements of students will be found in the Student Handbook.