Health & Safety
As always, our primary goal is the safety of all York College students, faculty, and staff. College leadership will continue to monitor COVID-19 transmission rates in our region, and may adjust mitigation efforts as circumstances change. Current protocols are as follows:
- The College is not requiring vaccinations to be on campus. However, we strongly recommend that all members of the campus community receive COVID-19 immunization and boosters.
- Masking indoors is optional, but students should feel free to wear masks for their own comfort and protection. Faculty may require masking in classrooms.
- Currently, the College does not plan to conduct surveillance testing on campus.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will follow the isolation policies below.
If you have tested positive for COVID, regardless of vaccination status notify Health Services or HR (employees) and:
- Isolate for 5 days. Return to campus (class/work) on day 6 if you have improving symptoms and are fever-free for 24 hours. Continue to wear a mask through day 10.