How do I apply for the grant?
Use the application template found here.
The template will prompt you to include the following materials in your application:
1. A detailed description of the research project. Address the following:
- Provide a brief introduction (background) to the topic of your project.
- What gap in knowledge or key innovation will this project fulfill in the context of the background information?
- Provide a general plan of action for the completion of this project.
- What is the intended outcome of the project? (book/book chapter, journal publication, paper presentation, poster, exhibit, performance, etc.)
- How will the projects enhance your professional development and program of scholarship?
- How will the project contribute to the YCP community?
2. Applicants who have received prior funding from FDC should incorporate a progress report addressing the status of past projects.
3. A 250-word abstract/summary of your proposed project that can be posted on the Academic Senate webpage if you are awarded the requested grant.
4. Documentation for all requested expenditures.
Please do not alter the formatting of the application.
Complete the application, copy and paste required documentation/information into the application, and submit the file to the department chair for electronic signature. The completed application should then be emailed by the applicant to the Faculty Development Funding Subcommittee Chair – email@example.com
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The quality of the proposal.
- Whether the outcome of the research is considered an innovative contribution within the applicant's field.
- Whether the research is beneficial to the YCP community.
- Applicant's prior Faculty Development funding history.
- Availability of funds within the application cycle. Requests may be tabled until a future cycle.
Proposals that are late, incomplete or not submitted as instructed will not be reviewed for the intended deadline. Late proposals will be considered for the next application deadline. Proposals that are incomplete will be reviewed for the deadline following submission of missing material.
The fine print:
- Applications will not be considered before the application deadline.
- Applications must be received by the committee chair before the dates of the activity.
- Applications directly connected to a previously funded project will be subject to additional scrutiny. Such applications must clearly delineate how the proposed research is different from and/or builds upon the previously funded work. Such applications must also provide documentation of the progress that has been made on the project as a whole and include a timetable for completion.
- Grants must fall into ONE fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Spending may not extend across fiscal years.
All departments have a departmental representative serving on the FDC Funding Subcommittee. Applicants are encouraged to contact that person with any questions.