*Please read this prior to submitting an application.
All Fall 2020 Internships for Academic Credit must be 100% remote. No in-person internships for academic credit will be approved.
Information for a Three-Credit Internship (Electronic Internship Application)
An internship is an educational experience that offers students the opportunity to earn academic credit for experiential learning. Internships are designed to enhance a student’s professional preparation and career opportunities. The internship must be completed at an approved site where the supervisor has agreed to provide structured learning experiences that will support specific learning objectives, in order to receive credit.
Students must complete an Internship Application and receive the approval from the department sponsoring and College Internship Coordinator beforehand. The Internship Application is available on the Career Development Center website. Please review details in advance. Internship Guidelines:
- Students must successfully have completed 60 credits
- Students must have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Associate Director of Career Development must approve application by DROP/ADD deadline
- Minimum of 120hrs is required to earn 3 internship credits; students are limited to 2 different internships for a maximum of 6 credit hours of Internship in their degree program
*Please remember until a final confirmation email to the YCP Email is received the internship has not been approved.
- Discuss with your faculty advisor your Learning Objectives and Learning Outcomes.
- Obtain an electronic syllabus from your faculty advisor.
- Applications are not being accepted at this time. Note- Traditionally, you click submit twice. You should receive a message at the end from Jolynn Holtzman, Associate Director and Internship Coordinator.
- After the form is complete please read the response that will show in your email. Please respond “I will” to reading and understanding the Covid 19 Acknowledgement and Assurances statement.
- Your site supervisor and faculty supervisor must respond to the email as well. Please contact both of those individuals after the form has been submitted to remind them to respond.
- Once the paperwork is received by the Associate Director of Career Development a final email will be sent to your YCP email address indicating that you have been approved for the internship.
*Please note this is the student’s responsibility to facilitate the internship application process through until receipt of the confirmation email.
**The email address: firstname.lastname@example.org should be used for any correspondence regarding internships.
***Remember that the completed Internship Application, including the proposed Learning Agreement and the signed Affirmation Statement, must be received by Career Development on or before the last day to add a course for the semester (Drop/Add Deadline).