Wayne Blanding, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2007
- Ocean Engineer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Joint Program, 1990
- B.S., Systems Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy, 1982
- Introduction to Signal Processing
- Applied Controls
- Electrical Engineering Design
- Communication Networks, Systems
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Detection and Estimation Theory
- Target Tracking using Radar and Sonar Systems
- Best paper award, Office of Naval Research/University Laboratory Initiative Program Conference (June 2004)
- Andrew I. McKee Award for excellence in the understanding and application of submarine systems design and operation, Naval Submarine School (1983)
- Colt’s award for excellence in Systems Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy (1982)
- Garrison, T., and Blanding, W., “Experiences Using Cooperative Work Assignments for Outcomes Assessment,” ASEE Annual Conference, New Orleans, June 2016.
- Blanding, W., and Meah, K., “Laboratory-Based Project-Oriented Introductory Course for Electrical Engineering,” 8th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2014.
- Cappello, N., Ei, T., Miller, E., Bosse, D., Edwards, B., Meah, K., Kuchnicki, S., Link, G., Blanding, W., Kiefer, S., “Design, Simulation, and Fabrication of an Intelligent Ground Vehicle as part of the Capstone Project,” ASEE Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, June 2012.
- Meah, K., Garrison, T., Kearns, J., Celik, E., Link, G., Garrison, L, Blanding, W., Kuchnicki, S., Dawson, J., “An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshmen Engineering Students,” ASEE Annual Conference, Louisville, KY, June 2010.
- Blanding, W., Willett, P., Bar-Shalom, Y., Coraluppi, S., “Multisensor Track Management for Targets with Fluctuating SNR,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 45-4, pp. 1275-1292, October 2009.
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Member, ASEE