York College of PA community members gain recognition
Central Penn Business Journal awarded board of trustee member Natalee Gunderson and alumna Samantha “Christy” Johnson with the Forty Under 40 award, which recognizes “the future leaders of Central PA who are under the age of 40.”
- Natalee Gunderson is Vice President of Human Resources at The York Water Company. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Marketing in 2009 and an MBA in 2014 from York College.
- Samantha Johnson graduated from York in 2005 with a degree in Secondary Education-Biology. She is Director of Aquaponic Programs - AgWorks at the Commonwealth Charter Academy Cyber Charter School, where she is responsible for building and promoting workforce development opportunities for K-12+ learners across the state of Pennsylvania in agriculture by using Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) as a foundation.
The York Economic Alliance named several Spartans as Changemakers — “driven individuals who make things happen in our community.” They will be celebrated at a Dec. 6 event and will be featured in the joint issue of YoCo Connect and Downtown York magazines.
- Ashana Taylor, “The Entrepreneur,” is owner and operator of Fire Life Yoga and a pre-nursing advisor and Back on Track mentor in the Division of Student Success.
- Jazmin Simpson, “The Mentor,” earned a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership from York College. She is currently an Associate Dean in the Academic Affairs Office at Harrisburg Area Community College – York.
- Edouardo Thibault, “The Advocate,” is vice president – commercial relationship manager at Fulton Bank and the parent of first-year pre-nursing major Laela Thibault of York.