The Department of Institutional and Enrollment Marketing uses PhotoShelter to maintain an archive of campus photography. Members of the York College community are encouraged to browse these galleries to locate and download images that support their needs.
About Photography Services at York College
The Department also provides services to the YCP community in the following ways:
- Employee and Student Headshots: On West Campus in Grantley Hall (Room 17), we have a professional photography studio equipped with high-quality lighting, a clean white backdrop, and top notch photography gear. A time must be requested and confirmed through the Campus Photographer.
- Academic Organization, Program, or Class Group Photos: For each of these groups, the school photographer will work with the individual that requested the photo to select a space that works best for the number of group members, lighting, and context. A date, time, and location will then be determined, and it is up to the photo requester to ensure all group members are informed and in attendance. Due to the limited resources within our department, we cannot accept individual student organization requests at this time. If you would like consultation with a project, please feel free to contact our photographer, and we will assist you as best we can.
- Event Photography: The school photographer may be requested to attend to capture candid moments and staged photographs for events. Priority consideration will be given where the College President is in attendance or the event is aligned with the College’s Strategic Plan.
Qualifying events include:
- School-wide functions and celebrations
- FallFest and WinterFest
- Involvement Fair
For full consideration, photography requests should be sent to the photographer with at least two weeks' notice of the expected photography date. We understand that opportunities pop up unexpectedly and while we'll do our best to accommodate these last-minute requests, we cannot guarantee it. If there is a special circumstance that requires photos to be delivered after or during the event with an expedited turnaround, please communicate this information in the initial request so that the photographer can plan accordingly and assess if the request is possible at that time. The final edited photos will be available 1-2 weeks after the photo was taken.
If the photographer is unavailable or already booked, a list of freelance photographers can be provided upon request. Please note that in most cases the unit or department requesting services will be responsible for the cost.
How to Submit a Photo Request
Photo requests should be submitted through our online Photography Request Form.
If you are unsure how to fill out the form or have questions in advance of submitting a formal request, please email email@example.com.
From the date that the initial request is received, the photography timeline and process is as follows:
- The photographer will coordinate with the requester to schedule a date, time and location. The photo calendar is usually booked two weeks in advance, so we ask that at least two weeks' notice be given.
- The photographer will take the photograph(s) on the decided date/time. For group photos, we ask that the requester be present to ensure all necessary participants are in attendance.
- The photographer will sort, edit and deliver the photographs in 1-2 weeks via a YCP PhotoShelter link. PhotoShelter is York College’s photo database and can be accessed by anyone with a YCP email address.
Photography Contact Information
Emily Rund | Photographer and Videographer
Institutional and Enrollment Marketing Department
If the photography you are requesting involves minors or individuals that are not students, faculty or staff of YCP, please have them sign the below photography release form, or, they can sign the electronic release form. If someone is unable or unwilling to sign the form, but will still be present, please let the photographer know in advance.
Download a Printable Photograph and Video Release Form