Counseling information for families
College can be a time of significant change for students and family members. And having a student in college may be challenging for some parents/guardians who become concerned about a student’s wellbeing. The YCP Counseling Services Staff is available to talk with parents/guardians who have questions or concerns about their student. However, it is best to call and schedule a time to talk to a counselor.
Brochures and Handouts
- What Can Parents Do To Best Support A Child’s College Experience
- A Family's Guide to Counseling Services
- Tips for Referring Your Student to Counseling Services
- Supporting a Loved One with a Mental Health Concern or Diagnosis
- Off to College - How to Step Back but Stay Connected
- How to Be a Great Long-Distance Parent
- Mental Illness and the Family – Recognizing Warning Signs and How to Cope
These frequently asked questions about York College Counseling Services aim to provide further explanation of our services.