Academic Support for Non-Native English Speakers
Accommodations for Non-Native English Speakers
Students struggling with courses and assignments because of English language fluency may request the following to support their academic success:
- 50% extra time on tests/exams
- Use of Read & Write to help with translation
- Recording of class lectures
Students who meet the following criteria will be eligible to utilize accommodations for Non-Native English Speakers:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score: 78 or below
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score: 5.0 overall band score
- Duolingo English Test (DET) score: 94 or below
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) score: 57 or below
- Global Test of English Communication (GTEC) score: 1189 or below
All scores are below the stated required minimum scores for international student admission.
If you have not taken any of these tests before requesting accommodations, we encourage you to take the Duolingo English Test.
To begin the accommodations process, interested non-native English speakers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.